Viewing time 90 seconds | for Jira Misc Workflow Extensions for Jira Cloud
Here, we use JMWE’s Workflow Conditions to show how to configure two workflow automation use cases in Jira Cloud quickly:
- Hide the transition from users until all linked issues have been resolved.
- Enable the transition only for Medium priority issues (using the Build-your-own (scripted) condition).
For your convenience, the steps from the above video have been outlined below.
Use case #1: Hide the transition from users until all linked issues are DONE
- First, select the transition to add the condition to.
- Choose Linked Issues Status (JMWE add-on) condition and press Add.
- In the Issue Link Type, select “blocks”.
- Check off the DONE status.
- Add the condition, and you are all done.
Use Case #2: Enable the transition only for Medium priority issues.
- First, select the transition you want to add the condition to.
- Choose the Build-your-own (scripted) condition and press Add.
- In the “Select a field”, select “Priority”. Select a snippet issue.priority.name == "Blocker" and then change the priority from "Blocker" to "Medium".
- You can test Jira expressions against any issue by pressing the “Test Jira expression” button.
- If it works as expected (as above), add the condition, and you are all done.
To learn more about JMWE's workflow conditions for Jira Cloud, check out the documentation.